Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ski Trip 2010


On Tuesday night we took a little trip to Captain Buzzy's-my new favorite coffee/ice cream/sandwich shop in all of Richmond-to book our ski trip for 2010.


With the help of two pumpkin lattes and a shared glass of mint chocolate chip ice cream, we found the perfect flight. We arrive in Reno, NevAda in the afternoon on January 23. A quick shuttle trip will deliver us to our fancy yet affordable condo on the state line of NevAda and California for a glorious week of skiing in Tahoe at Heavenly, Kirkwood and Squaw.


What makes it even more exciting is the fact that mom and dad will be a short walk away at the Embassy Suites and the fact that we will be sharing said fancy yet affordable condo with my sissy and JJ.


The events of the week include lots of skiing, massive amounts of hysterical laughter, scattegories, scrabble, bananagrams, charades, bottles of wine, a toga party (oh yes!), a ski race, an on-mountain barbecue, and a boat dinner cruise.


Our return flight leaves at night on Friday the 29th delivering us to Norfolk just in time for our sweet, sweet niece's 1st birthday party.


The uppercase A in NevAda is to signify the appropriate way to pronounce NevAda. I know this because my high school besty Amanda grew up in Reno. Wish she was meeting us there!!
January will be here before we know it so Tahoe here we come!

1 comment:

Amanda S. said...

I LOVE this post!!! I wish I was meeting you there too! And I am SO proud of your correct pronunciation!! I have been to all of those places, and Sqaw is by far my favorite! Y'all are going to have such a wonderful time!!