
I am so ready for the 2010 Winter Olympics to begin. I LOVE the Olympics. I get teary eyed watching other people graduate, get married, become parents, etc., but I really get emotional when watching extreme athletes win gold medals. This is especially the case if they have to overcome major obstacles to do so. I am a total sucker for the sob stories they show about what seems like every athlete.
There is one person more in love with the Olympics than I am. My sister. Last year she even managed to program her blog to play the Olympic theme song. It made reading her blog during those two weeks that much more exciting and inspirational.
Last night when watching the oh so thought provoking and educational TV show The Bank of Hollywood, a member of the US Olympic Curling Team was asking the celebs for money to bring his parents to the Olympics with him. His poor dad has a brain tumor causing the family to be strapped for cash. Sob story #1 and a good one. The Curler (is that what you call them?) was extremely handsome. A handsome Curler? Who knew. I will be adding Curling to my list of Olympic events to DVR.
Mom and Dad are the true lucky ones of this long, rambling Olympic post. They are going!!!!! I am insanely jealous. Jeff and I have dropped several hints that we will be showing up in Whistler to freeload and have claimed the spot under the dining room table as our bedroom.
Looking forward to the Opening Ceremonies on February 12. Wonder what the US team outfit will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment