Sunday, April 18, 2010

Baby Love

This weekend I was surrounded by toddlers, babies, mommies, and a mommy-to-be as we celebrated Lizzy and the pending arrival of Beckham.  On Friday night Quinn, her sister Haley and little Kennedy arrived and we visited while they helped Jenny and me with the final preparations for Lizzy's baby shower.  Krysta, Ryan and Addyson also made a short appearance to drop off some food items for the next day.  Jenny, Krysta and I hosted this shower together and, with the three of us working together, the shower came together really easily.

On Saturday morning everyone arrived and we visited, sat down for a lunch of pasta salad, fruit skewers, chicken salad mini sandwiches and a strawberry walnut salad with poppy seed dressing.  Vanilla and red velvet cupcakes were dessert.  After lunch we asked Lizzy questions about her pregnancy, what she is looking forward to when Beckham is born and more.  Finally it was present opening time and Lizzy got lots of great items necessary for this next life adventure.  As a favor, I made green, blue and white chocolates in the shape of trains, blocks, rattles and rubber duckies.  The shower was a success and I hope Lizzy had fun!














While I was immersed in the world of babies, Jeff was turkey hunting with Clayton and then shad fishing at the river.  The boys weren't successful in catching anything but they were as happy as two pigs in shit (one of my mom's favorite sayings).  Last night we headed to Balliceaux for dinner with C&C.  Delicious.  Then we crashed hard.  Party hosting and being outdoorsy takes a lot out of us.


Today we explored some real estate around Richmond and had a small lunch at the Lamplighter Roasting Company.  Great, quiet day together.



1 comment:

Bianca said...

Love it all! So nice, so classy, without that overly cutesy flavor of most baby showers. Great job!