Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring has Sprung

The weather this weekend was amazing, no? We were outside 99% of the time and loved every second of it. On Friday night we got home, went for a run, and then parked ourselves outside on the deck for dinner and drinks. The pollen wasn't out yet, the killer mosquitos haven't arrived and the weather isn't scorching. Perfection.

On Friday night we had a small debate about how I never make breakfast on the weekends. This is pretty much true but I didn't want to admit it. To clear my name, I woke up and made coffee and pancakes and loved being able to wake Jeff up and tell him breakfast is on the table. After breakfast we both headed outside for the rest of the day. I busied myself painting our deck furniture while Jeff began operation backyard clean-up. When Jeff had filled his truck bed to the top, we departed for the county dump along with everyone else in Henrico. When we finally pulled in, we dumped our load and headed to Home Depot in hopes of finding a cheap table umbrella. I was skeptical, Jeff was not. We found one for less than $40. He won.



Then it was home for more yard work before showering up for an impromptu Mexican fiesta on our back deck with Danielle and Steve. Fish, chicken and shrimp tacos, all the fixins, Coronas for the boys and skinny girl margaritas for the girls. Delicious. We chatted a bit with our neighbors and then it was off to the Richmond Raiders Arena Football game. B to the o-r-i-n-g. The game that is. The company was not and neither was the on-field entertainment. Pizza eating contests, the Lady Raiders i.e. worst cheerleaders ever, rednecks galore and the worst rapper I have ever heard. It was definitely an interesting experience.




On Sunday morning we were up bright and early to get ready for Church with Annie at St. Matthews. After the service we lunched at Mosaic and then it was off to a beautiful section of Richmond to hang with one of Annie's BFFs Polly, her daughter Helen Riley, HR's daughter, Breese and her new son Riley. We had cocktails on the patio and chatted for quite awhile before dropping Annie at Cedarfield around 5 and then collapsing on our couch at home to watch The Blind Side.

Polly's House

Great weekend, lovely weather. I would like to hit repeat for this upcoming weekend.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

What's a skinny girl margarita?

Fleming Fun said...

It is fresh squeezed lime juice, tequila and sprite zero. Delicious and not nearly as caloric as a regular marg.