On July 16, my sis and Jason returned home to the States FOR GOOD! I took that Friday off of work and drove myself up to New York City to meet my parents before picking up Ash and Jason from the airport. They rented a furnished apartment in Jersey City while searching for a home to purchase so mom and dad got a hotel room at the Hyatt on the Hudson and we had a drink or two there before heading to the Newark airport to pick up Ash and Jason.
Mom and I had made signs to welcome them when they walked out from international arrivals. We definitely made a scene when they came into view. There was jumping up and down, sign waving, cheering, etc. I have always wanted to do make a scene in an aiport and we were 100% successful. We had a great dinner of paella and sangria in the portuguese area of Newark before we dropped mom and dad off at the hotel and I went back with sis and Jason to their temporary apartment. We were all exhausted and hit the hay.
Sis woke me up at 5am to feel Tator Tot kicking and I loved it. We spent the next hour or so chatting about babies, sissy stuff, etc. before I requested to take a little nap before we woke up officially. We sad bye to mom and dad in the morning and I spent the rest of the day driving around Ash and Jason in search of a new car for them and in exploration of the Jersey neighborhoods they were considering as their permanent nesting spot. A decision was made on a Ford Escape and Montclair, NJ.
One of the best parts of the day was our visit to the grocery store. It has been three years since the two of them have shopped in a giant American grocery store. They were completely overwhelmed, yet excited at all the food possibilities. We made sure to get ice cream and candles to celebrate Jason's 32nd birthday.
(can you see her bump?)
On Sunday morning, I took them to Target-another very exciting trip for them-before I hit the road for my long drive back to Richmond.
I am so unbelievably excited that they are finally home and within driving distance. I am even more excited about the fact that they are expecting. I can't wait to spend more time with you guys and the baby very, very soon!
Love you both and welcome home!
No comments:
Post a Comment