Dear baby niece,
I can't even begin to describe the excitement I have over meeting you. We have been talking about you for so many months-wondering who you will look like, knowing that you will make us laugh until our stomachs hurt with the wit you get from your dad, and be caring and smart and beautiful just like your mom. We have been dreaming up all the things we want you to do and see and experience.
I can't wait to snuggle you, read you stories and play with you when you are a wee tot and I can't wait to sit at the kitchen table and hear about school, your hobbies, your travels, and your boys when you are older.
But most of all, when I think about the fact that you will have my sissy as your mom, I get very teary eyed because well-she is going to be the best darn mommy there is. She has wanted you for so long and is going to make you feel like you are the best at everything even when you don't and will protect you from anyone who has the crazy thought to be mean to you. She will make you laugh so hard when you don't even feel like laughing and support you at everything you do even if she secretly thinks its silly. She will teach you so much about everything because she is the smartest person I know. And when she tells you someone is bad news-believe her. She is an ace at first impressions. I know all of this is true because she has done all of this and more for me my whole life.
So I guess I just have to say-you have no idea just how lucky you already are, little lady.
Now, be good tonight or tomorrow and make things easy on your mommy. I will see you in a few weeks when perhaps you are sleeping a bit better. :)
All my love already,
Your Auntie Sissy
3 comments:
Now I'M all teary too :)
What a lovely and loving tribute. It makes me so proud to have such wonderful daughters, and I know that both of you will make excellent mommies and aunties!
ME TOO! So sweet, Court!
Post a Comment