Saturday, April 23, 2011

Thank Goodness for Blogs

So it is 4:30am and I have been awake since 2:30am.  I hope I make sense.

This lack of sleep has been my norm for too many nights in a row.  Since becoming a big girl and having a big job, I have lost my ability to fall asleep easily, and, if I do fall asleep, I hardly ever sleep through the night.  I end up sitting here on the couch under two blankets - my blue soft one first and my red heavy one second.  

I have determined that nighttime is when my head turns to mush.  So far I have watched two episodes of The Real Housewives of New York and now I'm watching the movie 17 again because sometimes I hate Fios OnDemand.  There is nothing good on there.  Usually I watch: Watch What Happens Live, Chelsea Lately or something else just as horrible.  4am is the magic hour when all channels turn to paid programming.  Cindy Crawford talks about hair, Tracey Anderson talks about achieving a perfect body, and someone else discusses a magic skin care product.  I usually finally fall asleep around 5 or 5:30 only to have to get up at 6 (during the week).  I function surprisingly well on no sleep.

I am smack dab in the middle of the busiest time of year at work when we have multiple events going on at once almost every week.  I think this is the reason I don't sleep.  Tonight, however, my chest feels like it is going to explode and I'm pretty sure I don't have a voice yet I have no one to talk to right now so I'm not sure.  At first, I thought it was allergies, but in my delusional slumberless state, and a couple of hours of WebMD perusal, I have convinced myself I have a pneumonia.  I have spent hours at Cedarfield (my grandmother's retirement home) these past few weeks and her roommate in healthcare has a pneumonia.  When I woke up and my chest felt like this, I came downstairs and googled, "Is pneumonia contagious?"  While it is unlikely you can get it from someone else, it is possible.  Mom-it is time for you to talk me off this ledge.  Wake up already! A trip to Patient First is in my future 3 hours and 12 minutes from now.

Anywho-thank goodness for blogs.  I read them for hours while I wait and hope and plead to get sleepy. Feel sorry for me yet?  Good.

In other news-no sleeping makes me want to eat frozen bananas.  

1 comment:

Erin said...

Frozen chocolate covered bananas might be one of my favorite things in the world... sm