Friday, August 12, 2011

Family (and Friends) Night Out

All six of us-Paul, Courtney, Scott, Amy, Jeff and Me-have not been out together since 4th of July last year so I was very excited that they and Paul and Amy Simms were staying at our house the weekend of Buck's wedding.  Yes, that is two Pauls, two Courtneys and two Amys.  I guess our parents are not so original.

On Friday night, Scott and Amy had the rehearsal dinner to attend so Jeff and I were SOOO LUCKY to be able to babysit for Chase.  We had not babysat any child since James was 8 months old so we were super pumped (and somewhat apprehensive) about our evening with our precious nephew.  Before Amy left to meet Scott at The Jefferson, she and Chase spent some time at our house with Jeff and me.  To get Chase excited, I offered him some "let's jump on Jeff and Courtney's bed" time.  So fun for him and me.  We watched the choo choo show (it took me about 5 minutes to locate the children's channels on our TV and I never did find them so I went to OnDemand...phew).  We gave him rides on our shoulders and we fed him watermelon.  We dropped Amy off at the hotel and feared that Chase may have a meltdown but he never did.  We were so excited.  When we got home, we fed him some ice cream and cookies and then gave him a bath.  Bath time was interesting because we asked each other questions like-how long does he stay in here?  How much shampoo do we use?  Can this shampoo really get in his eyes and not hurt?  How much toothpaste do you put on his toothbrush?  How do you change a diaper (this one was important)-Jeff made me change it and when I was finished the diaper was up to his chest.  Poor thing.  I adjusted it quickly.  We then read stories and put him down to bed.  He only fussed once so we checked on him and he had thrown Woody (from Toy Story) out of the pack n play.  We put him back in, kissed him goodnight again and he went soundly to sleep.  We loved our babysitting experience.  Hint hint siblings-we want to do it again and we travel.

babysitting pics coming soon


When Scott and Amy were ready to come home. Jeff went to pick them up.  I was wondering what was taking so long for them to get back but fortunately Jeff was filling me in via text message to let me know they had to make multiple stops for Scott to puke.  Too much party.   Scott arrived home with just his slacks on (no shirt) and at some point in the night, he woke up in our backyard.  

On Saturday morning we went for a visit to the farmers market and got a wood burning oven breakfast pizza and some fresh peaches and Scott sampled a shmorgasboard (I have no idea how to spell that) of drinks.  

We then attempted to take Ginger to the river but it was hot as balls and we melted.  The water was like bath water so we came home, shut all the blinds and attempted to cool off until everyone else arrived.

The wedding was very nicely done and we had a blast.  Jeff pounded oysters in a way you cannot possibly imagine.  I danced the night away per usual and we had so much fun together.  Can I please tell you how much I love a photo booth?  SO MUCH!




No comments: