Monday, October 10, 2011

Celebrating Lindsay and George

Labor Day weekend I drove up to northern Virginia to spend the weekend with my very best friends and their sweet little ones all to celebrate Lindsay and George's engagement and upcoming wedding.


It was the best weekend with friends and something I needed so very badly.  On Friday night I dined with Andi in Shirlington over skinny girl margaritas and then I hit the road to Lellis and Tom's house so we could go pick up Erin.  Naturally we picked her up in the back of a sketchy dark parking lot.  HAHA!  Just kidding-Kaylan and Jason picked her up from the airport and so we met them at a shopping center near Lel's house.

We spent the evening in the kitchen making bawls and sawces and stayed up until 2am.  This is exactly what I love doing with my friends and then I made Erin sleep in the bed with me even though there were 3 other bedrooms.  Because that is what I do.

The next morning we were up bright and early to continue cooking while listening to Game Day for the first Hokie game.  Yeah!  That morning, the house got so much more lively in the best way possible.  First Quinn and Dave arrived with Kennedy and Leyton in tow and then Jenny and Doug with sweet baby Drew.  Then it was off to the party at Lindsay's aunt's gorgeous house!!!  And the group was complete with the arrival of Lizzy and Beckham.  We had so much fun watching Linds open some great gifts and cards.  Then it was outside time for the engagement party.  We ate great food, chilled on the deck and then some of us danced the night away to the best one man band I have ever experienced.  So.much.fun.  Then Erin and I tried to sleep on a pool float only to realize it was a pool float and then we made ourselves a fort out of couch cushions instead but that was after we quietly tiptoed up the stairs as not to wake any sleeping children only to realize there was no need to tiptoe considering that all three families had different sound machines going and it sounded like a children's party in one room and like someone was showering while simultaneously flushing the toilet in the other room.  Hilarious.

















Sunday was glorious and we spent the day on a walk, lounging around the house, playing with the kids, napping with the kids and then stuffing our faces with food at Lel and Tom's cookout.  Perfect.

That evening, Erin, Andi and I went back into Arlington and spent the evening hanging out at Chad's house to savor the last moments of Erin's time before she left to go back to Cali.

I miss best friend get togethers and so wish we could do it more often.  I love all of you and your little ones too!!!!  

No comments: