Monday, October 10, 2011

Earthquake

I don't have any pics of any earthquake happenings but I would be remiss not to mention it on this online diary of ours.  Several weeks ago we had an earthquake in Richmond and my story goes like this:


I am sitting at my desk working and I hear a low rumbling.  I wonder what heavy item is being rolled down the hallway except for the fact that no one rolls things down the hallway at my work.  So I thought for a second that something was going to fall through the roof and then I thought it might be an earthquake so I got out of my chair and walked out of my office into the hallway.  Everyone else was walking out into the hallway too.   We all said, "earthquake?"  Then we looked out the window and someone said, "the trees aren't moving."  But then we saw people flooding out of the buildings around us and we all agreed-Earthquake it Is.  

By the time all that transpired, the whole bit was over.  I went to my desk to see how strong the earthquake was but CNN had nothing, MSNBC had nothing, the local news affiliates had nothing.  So I went to Facebook and learned everything.  Amazing, huh?  I learned that the tremors were felt from Toronto down to Atlanta and everywhere in between and that the fault line was in Mineral, VA - 30 minutes from my office.  Crazy.

I sped home quickly to make sure Ginger was ok and to check on the house.  The giant mirror over our fireplace fell off but didn't break and Ginger was just fine.  We have felt only one aftershock since but the whole adventure was pretty interesting.

No comments: