Sunday, July 15, 2012

Growler Girls

The very last weekend in April, Andi, Danielle and I had a girls weekend in Charlottesville.  Andi and I arrived at Danielle's house on Friday night and we had a few beverages and chatted before we left the house to go to Fridays after Five on the Downtown Mall.  We grabbed a table and a few more beverages and chatted more to the tunes of the Richmond-based No BS Brass Band.  After the concert was over and we had a few minutes to catch up with Danielle's friend's Melissa and Dave, we headed to Blue Light Grill for dinner.  The food was soo good but we shared a lot of stuff and didn't have enough resulting in a serious hangover for Andi and me.  Somehow Danielle managed to avoid it.




But we were up and at em on Saturday morning with plans to attend the Devils Backbone Growler Girls beer brunch.  We were certainly dragging, but were ready to eat and sort of ready to drink again.  The food and beer cocktails were so good.  A few shots of them below.












After we left Devils Backbone, we headed off to brewery and winery hop.  It was simply a glorious day spent exploring new flavors and chatting about anything and everything we hadn't had a chance to chat about in months.  





When we got to Veritas winery, where I am a member of the wine club, I realized I hadn't picked up my shipment in a year so the kind employee filled my box with all the wine I was missing and the girls and I enjoyed a bottle of red outside at a picnic table accompanied by bread and cheese and apples we had brought along with us.





During our time at Veritas, we decided Andi needed a growler of her own and that she needed to try Starr Hill The Love beer so we skidded into Starr Hill just as they were about to close, rapidly tasted beer and Andi made her purchase of a growler filled with The Love.  




Our last stop was at Blue Mountain Brewery for one last beer and some delicious pizza before we headed home, snuggled in bed for awhile chatting, popped some popcorn and watched the newest and most horrible Twilight movie.



Such a great weekend with some of the best friends a girl could ask for.


No comments: