At the beginning of May, mom came down for a visit to make good on the offer I had made her a few months prior. I had bought tickets for us to attend the Junior League Book and Author luncheon at the Country Club of Virgunia (spelled like that on purpose). I went to work that morning to lead a quick conference call and then mom picked me up and we headed to Atir to get our nails done. Then it was off to the Club for the luncheon. We arrived, checked in, received our table number and then made our way to the patio to enjoy a glass of wine and some passed apps. When it was time to sit down, we were seated at Adriana Trigiani's table. Unfortunately a Fran Drescher look and sound alike was sitting next to Adriana and monopolizing her time. Mom and I enjoyed chatting with each other and with the Chair of the Junior League Book and Author event.
We then got to hear a little bit about the dinner that night before being able to get the books we purchased signed by the authors in attendance. I bought Bond Girl by Erin Duffy, mom bought Elizabeth The Queen by Sally Bedell Smith, and we got a book as a gift for Dad.
After lunch, we got our books signed and then headed over to visit Annie. But she wasn't there so we headed home. It was such a fun day with my mom to celebrate how amazing she is. Love you, Mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment