Sunday, August 26, 2012

Luke Bryan/Jason Aldean and Misc.

I am caught up...FINALLY!  This weekend we went down to VA Beach on Friday night for the Jason Aldean/Luke Bryan concert.  It was SO good.  I love country music for what it is.  As Luke was introducing one of his songs he said, "If you like drinkin beer and huntin deer all at the same time, then this song is for you." Then the crowd roared and I laughed hysterically.  I love it.  They both put on a fantastic show and my fave part of the concert was Luke Bryan and his dance moves if you know what I'm sayin.



 We came home on Saturday in the POURING rain so I requested grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch.  Jeff makes a mean grilled cheese.  Then I relaxed for the afternoon while Jeff went into work for several hours.  Last night we tried out a new neighborhood restaurant called Toast and then rented Acts of Valor and Super 8 from Red Box.  Acts of Valor was really good but I will include it with Blood Diamond and Into the Wild as one of the movies that caused me to cry really hard and not be able to stop long after the movie was over.  Super 8 was cute and reminded Jeff of ET and reminded me of a combo of ET and Stand by Me.


Today has been spent doing some much needed laundry and housework including a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond for new pillows for our bed.  How often do you replace your pillows?  Ours are almost six years old and just aren't doing it for us anymore.

The flowers on the left below are from Jeff's office.  Each week they purchase fresh flowers for their front desk and then they pick a name out of the hat for the person that gets to bring them home.  This is Jeff's third time winning and I love it every time he brings them home!

No comments: