In September, we took a day trip to North Carolina with Paul and Scott to witness the wedding of Jeff's cousin Aaron and his new wife Nicolle. We had some time to kill so naturally we stopped at a brewery along the way-the Carolina Brewery. The boys sampled some beer and I sampled some water because, oh yes, at this point I was 12 weeks pregnant. Surprise.
Lucky for me, I don't really crave alcohol so visiting breweries with my beer loving husband has still been fun for me.
After the brewery, we headed over the campground where the wedding took place. It was a very unique ceremony that was befitting of the couple and the reception had the same vibe. Jeff and I were seated at a table with Nicolle's friends from her time studying abroad in London. They were lovely and we had a fun time chatting them up.
Unfortunately we had a long drive home so we couldn't stick around for the rest of the ceremony but we hear that the reception turned into quite the wild party with a lot of fully clothed guests in the pool and a call to the cops.
This event will carry with it a bittersweet memory and that is because it is the last time we saw Jeff's grandma before she passed away a few weeks later. We will forever treasure that day because she was as lovely as ever and we are so thankful to have had that one last visit with her.





No comments:
Post a Comment