I have been the world's worst blogger. I said it. So much has happened since I last posted. Let's see...the rest of fall, Christmas, New Years, my baby showers, our annual ski trip, and so much more. I don't have the energy to post about it all so I am just going to start fresh from now on.
For the past few weeks, we have been enjoying all that Richmond has to offer mostly because we cannot go anywhere. I am due with our baby boy any day now so we have been going out to eat, purchasing last minute baby items, getting our house ready, packing our bags, going to movies, watching an entire TV series (Downton Abbey) in a week, and other things that a family of two can do much easier than a family of three.
From now on, the blog is back...
My due date was March 18 so I decided that I would work from home starting on my due date until I have the baby. This was a good and bad decision. Good because there are days (mornings especially) when I don't feel so good and am convinced I am going in to labor. During those moments, I am glad I am not in the office. Bad because there are fewer distractions giving me more time to think about the fact that I am not in labor.
Everything is ready, though, so we are just awaiting the moment we have been anticipating for the last 10 months. Our birth plan is written, our bags are packed, the room is ready, we think we are sort of somewhat maybe mentally prepared. So now we just relax and enjoy the calm before the storm...easier said than done.
We have tried several new restaurants in the past few weeks including The Savory Grain, Tio Pablo, Casa del Barco, Pearl, Boo's Brown Bag and Fat Dragon. We have eaten a lot of Sweet Frog, visited the Lavender Farm, taken walks along the river at Belle Isle, we saw Argo at the Byrd Theatre for super cheap and then spent $21 (seriously?) at the regular theatre to see Silver Linings Playbook. That visit was on Monday at 4:45pm. I thought that would mean cheaper tickets. I was wrong.
Here are some very recent photos-the ones easiest to download:
The sweet and delicious cake prepared by a coworkers MIL at my work baby shower. I have the best coworkers ever.
We made a visit to the Lavender Farm with Danielle and Steve on their recent visit to Richmond.
We have continued to visit our favorite local brewery-Hardywood Park. It is somewhat difficult to not be able to drink, but overall I think I have handled it well.
Wowza. Check out that bump. This was me on my last day of work. Chubby cheeks and big tummy included.
This blog will continue to document our sweet life together with Ginger and our soon to be born little man. So get ready for an influx of photos of him and us and ginger and all the places we go and things we do. I am back and ready to share our little slice of life with you.
xo
1 comment:
Yeah!!!! She's back!
Post a Comment