I mentioned Mac has mellowed out and boy has he. He sleeps all night, most of the time, he eats when he is supposed to, naps when he is supposed to and in between he is content to look around and check out this amazing new world (to him). He sits contentedly on my lap, or rides happily in the baby carrier or stroller. His INTENSE and I mean screaming, sweating, vein popping reaction he had to the car is slowly going away. Unless he is hungry, he will also ride happily in the car...something I thought I would NEVER be able to say. He will even fall asleep on his own while riding in the car. It is truly amazing. I do have to sing itsy bitsy spider (a song I now hate) on repeat but I am willing to do whatever it takes to make running errands peaceful.
He is also now cooing and smiling and I try on a regular basis to make him laugh. He has a new lovey we named Dundee and we pretty much make him hang out with Dundee all day every day so he will get used to having it. This is what I think is helping with naps and car time.
Going back to work was way harder on me than on Mac. The first two days, I left him for 2 hours at a time and cried A LOT after dropping him off. Then the next 5 days he spent between 4 and 6 hours per day at school. And on the last day, I didn't cry. Progress. He gets glowing reports from the teachers there and all is going well. He gets some pretty hilarious reports on the activities they do and I question what some of them even mean.
Some Mac info:
- At his last doc appt at approx 10 weeks, he weighed 13+ pounds and was 23.5 inches long.
- His favorite songs are Itsy Bitsy Spider, I'm a Little Tea Pot and If You're Happy and You Know It. He also especially loves Johnny Cash.
- He loves to watch/listen as I read books to him-his faves are The Hungry Catepillar and Down at the Beach
- He always looks either shocked or concerned depending on what he is looking at.
- He started smiling at 7 weeks old
- He talks all the time
- His favorite stuffed animal is Dundee-a dingo if you were wondering
- His happiest time is in the morning
- He farts all day long-really awesome, loud, manly, machine gun type farts. I will love this until they start to stink.
- We are cloth diapering which makes his little hiney look massive but that makes me happy.
- He drinks 4 oz. at each feeding
Other mamas-what other things will I want to remember
I am now obsessed with our little man. It took me a little while to actually feel like this and to feel like I am having fun but now I can say I am loving so many minutes with him, still not every one, but most minutes. Just keeping it real.
Now for a photo montage:




















No comments:
Post a Comment