After my mom left, I was on my own with Mac for the very first time. I was definitely scared but knew I was well prepared to fly solo with my new babe. Admittedly we did not leave the house at all. We snuggled, we went on walks on the hood, we watched marathons of new TV shows. May I recommend Scandal to anyone who doesn't watch it, and we got to know each other better. We had some visitors every now and then which was a welcome distraction from the monotony that can be the first few weeks of motherhood. Then Kathy came to visit. It was perfect timing. She kept me company, she snuggled Mac and she cooked lots of deliciousness for us. She also helped us get ready to put our house on the market. As I mentioned before, Mac doesn't allow much alone time for the adults in the house, so while I played with Mac, Jeff did the majority of the house readying and Kathy helped stage our deck. It was so, so helpful.
I am so thankful for the family help we had at the beginning of our life with sweet Mac. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
As if being new parents isn't enough, we also sold our house. It went on the market and approximately 36 hours later, it was sold. The offer was delivered to our realtor at the end of our open house. Now we just had to find a place to buy. We looked a what seemed like 20 houses but it was more like maybe 10. The market in the area we were looking is on fire right now. Houses are selling for more than asking price and are selling within hours of being put on the market. After losing out on two we really liked, we ended up with the best one of all. Funny how things work out that way. We close on June 27 and are so, so excited to settle in to our new place with our new babe...and Ginger too. Poor old thing. She is adjusting pretty well to being the third wheel.
As for life with Mac, the end of the first month was still difficult. While Kathy was here, he was awake all night one of the nights and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. But we stuck to the same feeding schedule we had been on and allowed him to sleep on us during the day and things at night got a bit better. He was still waking up one time in the night to eat. I was still adjusting to this new life as well and found myself spending a lot of time thinking about what he will be like when he is older and things are easier. I wasn't necessarily wishing his young days away, but I kind of was.
No comments:
Post a Comment