Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pasta, Pedals, Presents, and Perfection

Last weekend we had dinner with Kate, Carl, Vivian, Danielle, Steve, Mason, and a guy from Scott & Stringfellow whose name I cannot remember (oops!)


The Monument Avenue 10k was the next morning (which Danielle, Steve, and Mason were running), so Kate and Carl prepared some carbo loaded spaghetti, we made a salad, and Danielle brought dessert fondue. We got to spend 30 minutes or so with 8 month old baby Vivian before she had to go to bed.
I held her for a couple of minutes while she gazed up at Jeff (all babies love him). So I handed her over. She is so adorable.




Last week Jeff and I were feeling very earth friendly and needed some items from the grocery store so we brushed off our bikes, put on our helmets, grabbed our reusable bags, and headed off to the grocery store. We were very proud that we were doing our part to save the planet.


I look mighty scary here. :)

I then proceeded to make a delicious salad with chicken and chipotle dressing.


Dressing Ingredients Before I Mixed Them

I talked to Ashley and Jason this past week about the Slingbox-a device that allows them to watch TV on their computer by accessing our digital cable box. They can then hook their computer up to their TV in London and watch American TV. We bought the necessary equipment to make this happen and Jeff got it all set up. Ashley and Jason can now enjoy their favorite shows thanks to us. The whole situation is kind of big brotherish because when they "turn on" the TV, our cable box turns on and we can see them change channels and see what they are watching. So far, we have determined that they enjoy Nascar (duh!), CSI, Without a Trace, and cooking shows. Hope you like your present, Ash and JJ!!

Yesterday was a gorgeous day in Richmond with temperatures in the mid 80s. After work, Jeff and I went to Corks and Kegs for a free beer/wine tasting. We especially enjoyed the Sierra Nevada Summer Ale so we bought a six pack. We then headed to Palani Grill at Libby and Grove and had a casual dinner outside on their deck.


When we got home, we headed out on our deck to enjoy some Summer Ale. I love the warm weather (despite the mounds of disgusting green pollen that decided to appear overnight the night before).


Oh yeah-Ginger loves this weather too!

Cheers!

No comments: