Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dental Disaster

I arrived home on Thursday night and a few hours later I started to feel some pain in my tooth. I ignored it of course and took some motrin around 11pm. I woke up at 12:30am and the pain was worse and I could no longer sleep. So I got on the couch and watched tv almost all night until I could take another motrin. Pain still was not getting better. I went to work and tried to ignore the pain all day while still popping advil whenever I could. I went to a seminar in the afternoon and was forced to leave early beause the pain was starting to make me cry.
So of course I called my mom and she suggested going to an emergency dentist. I did not even know these existed. So she gave me a number to call, that dentist doesn't see people who aren't already patients but she recommended another dentist. Neibauer Dental. By that time, I was pretty much hysterical from the pain and when I called the receptionist I was crying hysterically. EMBARRASING!! They agreed to see me thank goodness so I headed over there. Once taking a look at me, they immediately decided they need to do a root canal and put a crown on THAT NIGHT. So 4 hours later I was home at 9pm with antibiotics for the infection under my tooth and pain medicine. Since then I have been lying down with either an ice pack on my face or sleeping. I have been taking the pain pills which make me sleepy and also very loopy. This is worse than wisdom teeth.
They took a break in the middle of the procedure and my loser self took a self portrait with my blackberry.

At least I will be better by Christmas and before our trip to London.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Sis! Your poor teeth!!! Stop eating so much candy!