Although we had been celebrating all week, Jeff's actual birthday was Friday. I promised to take him out to dinner to the restaurant of his choice. He made it fun for me by not telling me where he wanted to go until we were on the way there.
Shortly after we left the house, we made an impromptu stop at Corks & Kegs near our house for their Friday night wine and beer tasting. Then we were on to Cary Street to eat dinner at Mezzanine. Mezzanine is a new restaurant in Richmond that serves food from Virginia farms only. Of course we love this concept and were excited to test it out. Unfortunately, so was everyone else. The place was packed with an hour wait. So we decided to take a stroll down Cary Street in the rain and check out some other eateries.
I was shocked when Jeff stopped at Moshi Moshi (a Japanese restaurant) and decided that it was the place he wanted to eat. Jeff has never been a fan of Asian food so I normally frequent Asian eateries with my girlfriends. But I guess being 27 means that you acquire a more sophisticated palate. Finally! I was wondering when that would happen.
Our dinner at Moshi Moshi was fantastic. Jeff got an Asian inspired fillet, I got a pork dish, I drowned in Raspberry saki, Jeff sipped an Asian brew. It was pure Asian bliss. We will definitely be back there soon.
On Saturday morning, we woke up and put the house back together and went grocery shopping for Jeff's birthday bash. Around 4, people came over to celebrate and we hung out, grilled out, and pigged out until 3am. Thanks to Danielle, Steve, Donna, Skip, Cortney, Clayton, Jenny, Doug, Bella, Chloe and Hurricane Jordan for coming over. We had so much fun!!
When I asked Jeff what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday he told me a "homemade cake." So here I am in my lingerie inspired apron (shower gift) and my mixing bowl and mixer making a cake.
On Sunday, we woke up reallllly slow and spent a few hours on the couch before finding the energy to go out and enjoy the beautiful day. First we started our garden in the little seed thing and then we hung our AMAZING new bird house - a birthday gift from Cortney and Clayton. Jeff is renovating a 1965 Scotsman vintage 10' travel trailer so we can go on adventures. Cortney and Clayton got us a bird house that looks just like our future travel mobile. It is now hanging outside from our bar and we can't wait to see what kinds of little creatures take shelter inside.
We have a travel hammock but have had trouble finding a place to hang it in the back yard. With a little internet investigation and a trip to Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, we found a way to hang it from a big tree on one end and from our fence on the other end.
We spent the rest of the afternoon in the hammock looking up at the blue sky and pine trees. Perfect Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment