Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Football Feelin

The second VT home football game meant that Jeff and I were making our way down the interstate toward our beloved Blacksburg this past weekend. We met Marshall, Courtney, Paul, James and Jenna at a KOA in Natural Bridge for a bit of slumber before an early wake up call on Game Day. We showered, put on our best orange and maroon duds and traveled the rest of the way to Hokie Country for a day of tailgating by the newly decaled RV in preparation for the VT vs. Nebraska game. The weather was perfect for sitting outside and sipping on cold brewskis while catching up with all those who stopped by...with their children. Megan and Steve brought little Madeline, Genny and Paul brought sweet George and of course we visited with our sweet nephews and niece.

Jenna - ready for some football

All the Fleming boys

The Fleming Clan

The game itself was quite disappointing besides the very beginning and...THE VERY END! Holy Moly. I am so glad we stuck around until the sweet sweet ending.

I was swung around in circles and I screamed until I thought my head would explode. I can't believe we won the game but boy am I glad we did. Saturday night we made our way to Roanoke so I could get a decent night's sleep before my first conference in my new role.

The Hotel Roanoke was the perfect backdrop for the event and it went very well. I am home and doing many things that make me happy. Watching teeny bop dramas on TV and relaxing on my couch with the hubs and my pup nearby and a hot tea in my hand.

Tomorrow is a new day to tackle a never ending professional and personal to do list before my parents arrive in town this weekend.

No comments: