Two weekends ago, the 2010 winter Olympics began AND my Uncle Will, Cousins Julia and Laura, and Mom came into town. Yippeee.
I picked mom up at the train station on Friday evening, scooped up Jeff at home and headed to our new favorite sushi joint: Tokyo Joe. We enjoyed a delicious dinner with Graham, our new favorite sushi chef and then zoomed home and settled in with a bottle of wine to watch the opening ceremonies. I loved all of it and decided that I wish part of me was Native American because of their interesting traditions, festive costumes and fun dancing. The musical performances were great and I definitely think the ceremonies represented British Columbia extremely well.
I didn't love the U.S Olympic Team outfits but can appreciate Ralph Lauren's attempt to throw back to old school skiing garb.
Will, Julia and Laura arrived on Saturday morning via the red eye and while Jeff and Mom drove out to the airport to pick them up, I was enjoying a delicious breakfast at Millie's with my dear Ed, Jenny and Wyndi. It was so good to catch a quick glimpse of Ed while she was in town visiting her mama. We chatted and chatted until the restaurant owner kicked us out due to waiting customers. Oops.
On Saturday afternoon, I made many trips to the grocery store, we visited Annie, ate the best fro-yo in town at SweetFrog, and embarrassed ourselves with extremely low bowling scores even with the use of bumpers.
We celebrated the Chinese New Year once again with dinner at China Star and returned home to hang with each other. SO fun!
The fam spent the day shopping with Annie on Sunday while Jeff and I prepared a Valentines Feast of veggie lasagna, salad with love potion #9, garlic bread, chocolate covered strawberries and a strawberry vanilla trifle.
That morning we spent an enormous amount of time playing Wii and competing to see who was best at ski jumping and enjoyed a visit from Scott, Amy and Chase.
Such a great start to an even better week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment