Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Birthday to My Love

I have been such a bad blogger recently and didn't even post on Jeff's birthday.  The Sunday of Liz's bachelorette weekend was Jeff's 29th birthday.  Luckily, he wasn't home alone-he had a bachelor party of his own in Myrtle Beach.  


I made it a point to get home before he did and Andi helped me do a quick birthday gift shop at REI on the way.  Anyone who knows me knows I do everything last minute but somehow it all gets done as if I had planned it forever (there are clearly some exceptions here).  It was also suuuper important that I make him a birthday cake.  Jeff doesn't expect much on his birthday except a birthday cake.

I was just putting it in the oven when he and Chris arrived at the house.  Considering we don't go out boozing much anymore and especially not multiple nights in a row, we were ready for bed by 8pm on his birthday.  We celebrated quietly (I did sing though) with the cake and called it a night.  And yes, I did eat the cake despite my lent sacrifice, but Jeff told me you can cheat on Sundays and no one should have to eat birthday cake alone.



So to Jeff-Happy Belated (according to the blog) Birthday.  You truly are the bestest friend that any girl could have.  I have so much fun in our little life together and I wish you more happiness in your 29th year than you have ever had before.  



No comments: