Jeff and I don't normally do anything major to celebrate Valentine's Day but I decided to surprise him with a homemade, candlelit breakfast before work on February 14. Almost every weekend, Jeff prepares a hot breakfast for me so it was my turn to return the favor. I made pancakes, some in the shape of hearts, bacon (for only the second time in my life), strawberries and coffee.
I woke up at my normal 4:45am gym time to be sure I allowed enough time to make everything, set the table and sign the card I bought for him. He started to wake up to the smell of bacon, of course, and then I woke him up officially around 5:45am. I wanted to eat by candlelight to the sounds of the indie love songs on Pandora but since Jeff had just woken up, we put some lights on or else he would have fallen asleep at the table. It was certainly a sweet way to start the day.
For my coworkers, I made these sweet and incredibly easy pretzel treats. I think they all loved them.
No comments:
Post a Comment