The weekend in between Delaware and Corolla, I spent 5 days in Washington, DC and the areas surrounding it for Lel's baby shower. i love any weekend that gets all of my college girlfriends together in one place and especially when we are celebrating something as exciting as the arrival of a new baby. (Update: Avery Elizabeth Rice was born last week and she is so precious. Congrats to Lel and Tom!)
The shower was so nice. Chambs, Quinn and Krysta did a great job putting it together and anything at the Chamberlain home is always a super nice affair. Lel got some great gifts and catching up with her and everyone else was so fun.
Afterwards, Danielle, Andi, Erin Jenny and I went back to Andi's house for an afternoon of Mexican food, catching up laughing, having serious girl chats and more. We even hit the town that night and had so much fun. The after party was spent on the floor of Andi's kitchen eating snacks and spending four hours talking to the very best friends a girl could ask for.
I also ran into Jeff's cousin Katherine randomly on the street. Always fun to randomly run into people!
I am truly so lucky to have the girlfriends that I have. They are the most sincere, beautiful, honest, hardworking, amazing women. For example, on our way out to the bars, we played a little game where each girl had to say something complimentary about the girl next to her. Just to make us all smile and remind each other not to say bad things about ourselves.
Love you girls!!
The rest of my five days in town were spent working in DC. Lucky for me, the cherry blossoms were in full bloom so I made a point to swing by to see them when I had a spare moment. I stopped by after a meeting at Bank of America and then I ran by them in the dark early one morning before I started by day. They were so beautiful this year!


No comments:
Post a Comment